For many people, the interior of their medicine cabinet looks like a hodgepodge of medicines, sprays and drops. It is a real challenge to keep specific instructions for each, to know when and how to administer, and when one or more of them have outlived their days. Yet, this information is very important to help manage your health care.
At Green Pharmacy, our knowledgeable and friendly team considers your good health our top priority. We are be happy to answer any questions you may have about your medications, and offer the following tips as a guide to help you handle medications the right way.
- Stay current: Keep an updated list of medications, dosage, and frequency to present to your doctor or healthcare professional at each visit.
- Be consistent: Try to obtain medications from the same pharmacy whenever possible in order to screen for potential dru0g interactions and duplications. Don’t share medications with others: Medications are prescribed for specific individuals and conditions. Even if two people have the same disease, the best treatment for each may not be the same.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets: For example, place purses and bags in high locations, and avoid leaving medicine on a nightstand or dresser.
- Check expiration dates: Expired drugs may lose effectiveness and should not be taken after the expiration date.
- Dispose of old medications correctly: There are a number of options to do so safely and securely. National Prescription Drug Take Back Days held by local law enforcement agencies offer disposal services, and there are even communities that have permanent take-back locations that provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of drug disposal.
Your partner in care
Here at Green Pharmacy, we have many ways to help with all your health care needs. We offer screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes, in addition to featuring a full line of useful products and convenient services backed by our high standards of quality. For more information, give us a call today.
By Green Pharmacy
August 19, 2020